Friday, August 22, 2008

Winter Wheat

Well, the pictures don't do it justice but I FINALLY painted my living room and I LOVE the color!! It is called Winter Wheat. It is a really pale yellow/cream color. Very neutral but it brightens up the room so much. The best thing about having my living room painted is that I can put my new couches in it. They have been sitting in my garage for months! As soon as I get the furniture all set in the room and pictures on the wall (FINALLY!) then I will post the final product. I wish you could all see the color in person. It is so great. I have never been so pleased with how a paint color turned out. (Yes, my life is boring if this is the only thing that I get this excited about!!)

11 comments:

Micah-n-Holly said...

I think it is a GREAT color and a wonderful blogging opportunity and the fact that you get excited about it just means that you are able to find joy in the simple things in life and that is definitely a blessing:)

Deb said...

That really looks great. I can't wait to see the final product!

Stephanie said...

it looks so clean and neat. I have painted my house a color called barley, it's a bit too dark, I like the idea of a lighter color to brighten the room. Can't wait to see the final product with all your furniture.

Deanne Hill said...

When I saw the post title I thought you were talking about food storage! :) I love the color! It makes things look really warm and comfortable! Good choice!

Anonymous said...

That truly is a perfect color - not too yellow that you walk in the room and think,"Wow, this room is a sunny yellow" but warm enough for it to establish a happy, soothing mood. Great choice! Looking forward to seeing the finall result.

Nicole Howard said...

I love it!!! Very nice. What brand paint?

The Prices said...

Nic,
It is Olympic Paint. You can only get it at Lowe's.

Hancock family said...

I love it! makes the room so happy!

Sarah said...

Looks so warm and happy! Makes me feel doing some painting of my own. Can't wait to see the final result.

Tracy G said...

I painted my kitchen the same color. I'm interested to know what color you chose for the trim.

Roberta Perez said...

Used this color a few years ago for kitchen and living room. Never get tired of the color. Its actually a great neutral color. Going to paint my bedroom winter wheat.