Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Things That Bring Me Joy!

I am carrying on the challenge from my sis-in-law Amy to write down some of the positive things that bring me joy and think about the blessings in my life.

1. The first thing that I thought of was a baby's laugh. Especially if it is my baby! This is a video of Jonas when he was little.



2. Pulling into my parents' driveway in Kamas. Everytime I turn into it and see the house and the trees in the yard, I just get this incredible sense of home and security. Here is a photo of their driveway looking out toward the road this past Christmas.


3. All things Hawaiian. Well, maybe not ALL things, but most. I loved how I just felt relaxed being in Hawaii. I liked that I never had to wear socks. Everyone wore "slippers" (aka flipflops) to church. I love that I can count on one hand the number of days that I wore long pants. I love that my feet were softer than they have ever been from walking on the beach weekly. Most of all I loved that when we were at church the speaker would start out saying "aloha" and the entire congregation would great them back with an "aloha". I miss that so much! I also miss that when a family would be moving out of the ward the congregation would sing "Aloha Oe" to them and everyone would hug them good-bye. I really love Hawaii!



4. God Bless the USA. I love that song. Everytime I hear it I swell with pride. It reminds me of Dave's graduation from Basic Training. They had a slide show going of soldiers while the ones graduating sang the song--and when it got to the part that they sang "and I'll proudly stand up" --they all stood, and I started to bawl out of pride for my country and pride in my husband. I know that my husband could do many other things for his career and that our time in the military won't last forever, but I am so glad that he has chosen to serve our country. I can't imagine him doing anything else. I love to see him in his uniform. I really smile when I see him in his dress uniforms! I love going to military ceremonies and seeing that my husband's contribution to our country was noteworthy enough to award him a Bronze Star and the Knowlton Award. I love that his love for our country and our flag is so great and such a part of him that I can't see an American flag without thinking of my husband.


5. Dave's sense of humor. He always knows what to do or say to make me laugh. I love that he is always the life of the party. I smile most when I just sit back and watch him "perform" when we are in a group of people. He makes everything fun. He is such a fun dad to the kids. He is always trying to think of something to do as a family. He just makes life wonderful and I couldn't ask for a better husband or father to our kids.

So the challenge is passed to those of you that are willing, to think about the things in your life that just put a big smile on your face. Things that are blessings to you. Things that are positives in your life!

4 comments:

Dee and Bobbie said...

Thanks for sharing your feelings with us.
We love you.

Zach 'n' Amy said...

OK I have to say, Jonas's laugh brings a smile to our face too. And also Daves sense of humor. ("Oh your chinese is so good... sign here.")Ok now zach and I are laughing too hard to continue... we sure miss you guys! Maybe you should come for 2 months!

Tahnie said...

I love to hear babies laugh! Thanks for sharing that video and all of the other fuzzy feel good stuff!

Coby & Ash said...

You guys rock!