Saturday, March 8, 2008

Kid Pan Alley

A group called Kid Pan Alley came this past week to work with the 2nd grade classes in our school district. Kid Pan Alley is a program that brings professional songwriters into the classroom to work with kids in creating an original song. Then yesterday they performed the songs that they wrote at a concert. Each class created their own song--so there were 10 songs. London said that she was told that she was the best in her group (of course!!!) because she came up with so many of the lines for their song. It was probably all her practice since she and Tank write songs all the time. (My favorite was when I was reading the lyrics Tank wrote and saw at the bottom that he had put "Repeat 3 times" next to the chorus. I thought that was pretty funny.) So here is a video of the performance. It isn't a very good recording. No one knew how to fix the lights so the stage was pretty dark. London is in the dark pink shirt on the bottom row. She is the closest to the lady singing. She is the first one to bow at the end. Ohh, and here are the lyrics -- the lines with the * are the ones that London "supposedly" wrote!:)

I Want To Be

By Paul Reisler, Terri Allard and the 2nd Grade at Green Primary School

I wanna be the bee in the honeybee*
I want to be the butter in the butterfly*
I want to be the surprise in your Lucky Charms
I wanna always be the one that's in your arms
Yeah, that's where I want to be*

I wanna be the fire in your firefly
I wanna be the sun in your sunflower*
I wanna be the bird in the sky*
I wanna be the one that doesn't have to try
I wanna be the one that's in your arms
Yeah, that's where I wanna be*

Not out in the desert *
With my head in the sand*
In the middle of nowhere*

I wanna be everything I can be
I wanna be the gold in your golden locks*
I wanna be the one that you're thinking of*
I wanna be the one that's in your love
Yeah, that's where I wanna be*


2 comments:

Dee and Bobbie said...

Way to go London. You are a really good song writer !!!
Grandma Bobbie and I are verrrry proud of you.

Erickson Family said...

That is SUPER cute!