Saturday, April 12, 2008

Call me Crazy

I must be insane because I just disregarded my own common sense, not to mention conventional wisdom, and did the unthinkable...I purchased and used Olympic Paint in the shade called Napolean--which was the best color of BLACK that we could find. Did I use it on furniture? NO! Did I use it to paint my front door? NO! I used to to paint my boys room!! They want an outerspace room and I have been trying to decide what the best color would be...but after we pulled out their beds and witnessed how disgusting their walls get we decided that maybe black would be the best way to go. Now, after the fact, we are wondering if the black wall will have the same effect as a black car when you can see the dirt even easier!!! Anyway, it turned out pretty good. We have the few blotches that need to be touched up, but overall we kind of like it. Once it is all decorated I think that it will be pretty cool.

Since I was already in crazy mode I decided to grant London her wish and paint her room in a light, peachy orange. The picture definitely doesn't do it justice. It is actually a lot lighter and not so 'pumpkiny'. Dave says it reminds him of a dreamsicle. It you look at the lower left hand corner of the photo that is a better representation of the color! We all love it!!! The color is Arizona Sunset--but we call it HAWAII sunset!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

those look awesome! i have one of those temple pics too... the sl one and i love it! where did u get that playground? we are lookin for one and that looks like a really cool one!

The Prices said...

We got the playground at Toys R Us

Teri Le said...

Oooo, are you going to do glow in the dark stars in the boys room? how fun!!!!!!

Micah-n-Holly said...

Sunny!
Yay! You did it! And the black room actually looks a lot better than I imagined, you will have to keep us "posted" on how the dirt situation goes, whether it will show up more or less:)

Tahnie said...

Can't wait to see the rooms when they are all decorated! Looks like a fun project!

Dee and Bobbie said...

OK, you asked for it. "You're Crazy"!

Unknown said...

So not crazy, they look great. Be sure to post final pictures. Super cute! :)

Wynter said...

I love the wall colors, I think they turned out great.
I love color on the walls...that is the one thing I HATE about apartments. You cant paint a thing! I dont like feeling like the walls should be padded because they are white.. ;)