Saturday, February 2, 2008

Surfer Room

Today I finally put together London's bunk bed. She had a full bed that went with her bedroom set but since we are in the process of adopting another little girl we figured we would just go ahead and get a new bunkbed. Poor London has been sleeping on her mattress on the floor. So here is the finished product. I was wondering if I would be able to do it all by myself, but other than London steadying a couple pieces for me, I did it all. And I was really lucky and found these really cute quilts off of Overstock.com for really cheap. They looked exactly like what London wanted. She told us that her room needed to be a "surfer room". So lucky the quilts have a few hawaiian prints in them and then we found some pillows that completed the look for her. Now I just need to paint her room. I was thinking a really pale pink but she wants orange--yuck!! I don't think that the orange is going to happen!!!
Put together by little old me!

The finished product!!


Lower bunk (Notice the Surf pillow--London is especially proud of it!)


Upper bunk (which for now will not be touched since it is a pain to put bedding on!!)


No surfer bedroom would be complete without a surf board in the corner!
Luckily I found this one on craigslist for $30.

This is London's Surfer Girl sign she got for Christmas.
(Don't worry...I will eventually hang it up after I paint the room)





6 comments:

Teri Le said...

What a beautiful set! I love the quilts. When do you hear about your new little girl?

Erickson Family said...

How cute! Mariah would be so JEALOUS!!

Unknown said...

LOVE it! Where did you find the bedding? Your house is so awesome!

Deb said...

Sunny,

What a cute room. That bunkbed is exactly what I'm looking for for my girls where did you get it, what brand is it?

Zach 'n' Amy said...

Sunny, I totally commented n this post a long time ago and it's not showing up! Cute stuff! You have such an eye for decorating!

Wynter said...

you are really good at decorating and finding great deals... I want to get a surf board... the same color actually... =)
you will have to give me a few pointers oneday (when I have a house)