Friday, February 22, 2008

Slacker mommy

My friend Nicole had this link on her blog and I decided that I needed to share it too.

http://www.mormonmommywars.com/?p=1095

It is a blog where mormon mommies can share what they are going through. This particular thread is about slacker moms and everyone confesses their shortcomings. It is really good. It made me realize that I am not the only mom that isn't perfect. For example, they called school off today because there was a storm. So since my kids don't have school today I see absolutely no reason to get them dressed. Why dirty some more clothes when we are just going to stay in the house all day anyway!! So it is pajama day for all!!!(and yes, that does include me!) You need to go to the link and read everyone else's confessions--they are pretty good and it will make you realize that you are doing an okay job. Dave always tells me as long as the kids are alive and well he doesn't care about the other stuff--thank goodness cause this home is a disaster area!!!!!!!!!! Oh, and today--since I am being soooo lazy--I couldn't even muster up the energy to give the kids a bowl of cereal. So they got granola bars for breakfast! They were happy and that is all that matters, right???

2 comments:

Nicole Howard said...

I hear ya Sunny. Some Saturdays the kids stay in their PJ's all day. When they ask me why they didn't get dressed I just tell them that we are having a pajama party. They seem to like that idea.

Zach 'n' Amy said...

I needed this post today. I have been feeling like crap about my parenting. I layed around for like 2 days.