Friday, January 11, 2008

My Cute Bedroom



I have a very sweet husband. After promising that I wouldn't buy a ton of new furniture when we moved into our new house, he is letting me anyway. The hideous (those that have seen it would agree) double dresser that we have does not fit in the space we need it in our room. All of our bedroom furniture is mismatched, DI or the like type of furniture (either free or extremely inexpensive). At one time everything was painted to match, but being it was my first effort it wasn't painted very well. Now the paint is chipping off and it is so ugly I don't think that the DI would take it--remind me to tell you the story about the DI refusing our couches on a different occasion! So I started out looking just for a dresser, but then realized how wonderful it would be if everything actually matched!! Crazy idea, I know!! So after searching high and low I finally found a bedroom set that Dave and I both like and that is a good deal for the quality. I just barely paid for it and it will take a couple of weeks to get here. I can't wait. So here are the photos from off of the website.

4 comments:

Zach 'n' Amy said...

While your husband is sweet ("Honey darling, would you like me to drive myself to the airport so that you can just sleep in? I know how tired you are..." LOL)Just kidding about that, he really is sweet but as I was saying, while your husband is sweet, don't feel bad about your purchase because husbands who say 'yes' secretly want the item you are consulting with him about or they would say 'heck no.'

Teri Le said...

Ooo, that is just gorgeous! And I hear ya about the hand-me-down mismatched furntire. I think my whole house is furnished that way!

Erickson Family said...

SO LUCKY!! I can't wait to get back over there and have normal stuff again!

Anonymous said...

Well, Zach n amy

I can't believe that you would ever imply that Dave would raise his voice at my...his wife. He is the most kind and gentle person that ever lived. And after returning from Iraq he'll kill anyone who says different!!!