Friday, October 31, 2008

Hi Ho! Hi Ho! Happy Halloween, we go!

I am starting to run out of creative ideas for my kids to be for Halloween so this year we went a traditional route but still kept up a theme. Snow White and the 7--or, in this case, 3--dwarfs. I didn't realize until just now that I didn't take good pictures of the boys hats. They were fairly long--I should have flipped them to the side so you could see. They looked a lot cuter than the pictures show.





Jonas giving his best "Happy" face.



Ezekiel attempting to look "Grumpy"!



Tank showing how to be "Dopey".



London as our little Snow White.

Our neighbors' church has a HUGE trunk or treat halloween party, so we went to it. They had hayrides, bouncy houses and slides, carnival style games, food and trick or treating--all for free!! The kids all enjoyed it and saw tons of friends. The picture below is deceiving because it is at an angle that doesn't show the TONS of people there. And luckily we came upon the kids' favorite person in the whole world which made the night complete--His name is Joe and he is the best 14 year-old you have ever met! When my kids go to his house to play they all come home talking about how Joe is their best friend (even though there are other kids in their family that are closer to their ages). He is seriously the nicest, most helpful, respectful kid I have ever met. I hope my kids can grow up to be like him. It is funny that his name is Joseph because everytime I talk to him and see how he treats everyone, I think of Joseph Smith at 14 years-old and I imagine he was just like this kid. Anyway--Joe volunteered to take the kids on the bouncy houses, etc... and made my Halloween a lot less stressful. Thanks Joe!

12 comments:

Zach 'n' Amy said...

Yes first to comment. I don't know how you do it every year, the kids look awesome! It's so hard to do a theme though I think this is my last year! It's pretty hard for Tank to look dopey but I think I like his costume the best! Seriously cute kids!

Stephanie said...

I LOVE the theme!! We are a theme family too!! I'll post pictures soon!! Happy Halloween for the next couple of hours or so! : )

Carolyn said...

Yes! This is awesome! I love it.

Deanne Hill said...

You are so dang creative! I love seeing what your theme will be every year, so I can try to copy them for the next year! :) Happy Halloween!

Me said...

You always come up the the best ideas. Your kids look SOOOO cute, I love it!!! Happy Halloween!

Dee and Bobbie said...

Tooooooo cute for words !!!!
We miss you guys.

Putnams +Two said...

You did a great job Sunny very fun costumes. They could work at Disneyland!

Hancock family said...

How Fun!! They look so cute!! This is why we have kids to dress them up for halloween--Right?

Wynter said...

I love your kids costumes, Do you make them every year? I don't know where you come up with these ideas?

Micah-n-Holly said...

Great Costume Idea Sunny! So cute to go with a theme! And I second you on Joe....he is in my Sunday School class and is definitely quite the gentleman!!

macmommy said...

Too cute! Next year I'm going for a theme...thinking little red riding hood. Might have a hard time convincing one of my girls to be a grandma though =) Glad you had fun!

Unknown said...

LOVE the costumes!