Tuesday, October 7, 2008

It's a sad, sad day

Wow, I never thought this day would come but it did. And although I am happy in some ways I must admit that I feel a sense of loss---Today Jonas started preschool!! I can't believe that I will have 7 1/2 hours a week without any kids at home. The house is so quiet I don't know what to do. I am happy for Joe because he has been super lonely since Ezekiel started kindergarten a month and a half ago. So this will give him a chance to play with friends. He was really excited and didn't mind me leaving, but I could tell that the smile he was giving me for the pictures was a little hesitant. I think it is harder to send your "baby" off to school. With the older kids I just had my hands full with the little ones so it was a welcomed relief, but now as I send Jonas off I realize how much I love having the little guy around. I don't know what I will do in 2 years when he goes to kindergarten ALL DAY! Hopefully by then we will have Langli so that she can keep me company.

On a brighter note--I LOVE the preschool here. Zekey went there last year and it was great. It is part of the high school child development courses, so they are really great about having a good curriculum and there are a bunch of high schoolers along with 2 teachers helping the kids so they get a ton of personalized attention. And it is super inexpensive! (especially after coming from Hawaii where preschool could cost as much as rent!)

In front of the school

Waiting in the hall



Sitting on his "spot" on the rug

11 comments:

Micah-n-Holly said...

Oh my goodness Sunny, I don't think he can get Any Cuter:) He looks so excited about preschool, so excited that he looks like he is about to pop! I am sure your mother heart is breaking though...in a few months Emily and I can come over some and keep you company during the day!!

Sarah said...

Lexie says that she hopes he likes preschool and has lots of fun.

Teri Le said...

Awww, he looks like such a big boy!! Try not to go crazy in that 7 1/2 hours a week! ;)

Stephanie said...

so cute and what a big boy going to school!! I can only imagine how you feel, sending your baby to preschool. You want that day to come and then once it does, I'm sure it's like you wish you could go back in time. Unfortunately time marches on~

Stephanie said...

oh when do you think Langli will join your family??

zach said...

I can't believe all your kids are in school! Wow!

Heidi said...

Wanna talk about a sad, sad day? Joshua was supposed to start at the same preschool today but unfortunately he is not ready to be potty-trained. I was looking forward to grocery shopping with only one child. There is hope though. They told me they would put him on the top of the waiting list as soon as he is ready. Any potty-training tips?

Hancock family said...

How fun!! I only get 4 hours a week to myself And I love it!!

Nicole Howard said...

What a cutie!! I know how you feel...but you get used to it;)

Sarah said...

What a cute kid! He looks so excited for preschool! Hope you have some fun with your time. :)

Dee and Bobbie said...

Way to go Jonas !!!!