Thursday, May 22, 2008

Missionary London

Every Sunday in Relief Society someone shares a"missionary moment" that they or a family member had over the week. This is London's missionary moment. She was so proud of herself...It made me smile.

At school they were making a list on the board of people who serve the community, i.e. firemen, police, teachers, etc... So London, being the cute girl that she is, raised her hand and answered "The Prophet!". Her teacher, not knowing what to say, asked her "What does a prophet do?" This is where it gets really cute... she answered "He preaches the gospel of the true Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints!" The teacher was apparently at a loss of words and then finally told her that they would put "preacher" on the board. :)

I am so proud of London for being so bold. I wish that I could be more so. I think that a lot of the time we are so afraid of offending that we are too reserved, almost to the point of seeming ashamed or apologetic of our faith. But little children understand better than us that the "truth" of the gospel should be shared openly and without reserve! Good job, London!!!

10 comments:

Nicole Howard said...

That is so awesome! I love it when their own little testimonies start growing.

Micah-n-Holly said...

Way to go London! I love that cute story:) Thanks for sharing, wouldn't it be great if we could all be more like her?

Dee and Bobbie said...

London we are so proud of you. You are our ray of sunshine. We love you. ;>)

Erickson Family said...

That is so cute! It gave me chicken skin.
Thanks so much for your sweet comment on the baptism! That's one memory that I will not soon forget.

Sarah said...

Nicely done, London! And way to go Sunny for raising such an amazing girl! I wish I could be more like London, and I hope I can be like you, Sunny, so that my Zanna will be such a strong little spirit like your London! Two thumbs way up!:)

Curtis Moser said...

hahahahahaha!! That's hilarious. I'll bet that teacher was confused!

Sarah said...

Uh, Sunny...I just tagged you for a post. Please check out our blog for all the details. Thank you very much!:)

Tahnie said...

I love it that she says what she's thinking!

Ok I admit, I over exaggerated a tinsy little bit. I don't think I have long enough fingernails to compete for #1 fan. BTW have so much fun at the concert with all of the girls in the family! That's really great that you do things like that together. You guys are the best and will always be my adoptive family...even if it's self proclaimed! :)

Zach 'n' Amy said...

It is so hard to be like London, especially when a lot of what you hear from loud obnoxious people is how annoyed they are about missionaries and people who "push" their religion on others. But I think most people would be much more receptive than we think! I love the part about being non apologetic, that is why I loved Mitt Romney's faith in America speech so much!

Sarah said...

We are going to invite only, so if you would like to continue looking at our blog please send an email over to babykiwi@hotmail.com. Feel free to send the email over to others who would like to be invited as well. Thanks!
Randy and Sarah