Friday, May 9, 2008

Dog Gone Monkey Jones

Monkey Jones. That is what we named our little puppy. Jones because all of the kids have family names for their middle name and Monkey because she would sometimes sound like a monkey when she would cry. Notice I am using the past tense when referring to our little doggy. She was a member of our family for approximately 28 hours before we handed her back to the breeder. After lots of tears from our kids, we decided we had to take her back since Zeke is EXTREMELY allergic. We knew he was allergic to fruit, but had no idea that he had a bad allergy to dogs. Poor Zeke spent all day yesterday zonked out on Benadryl because he had hives that formed 2 to 3 inch long welts up and down his neck and crying because his throat hurt so bad. So we couldn't put him through it anymore. Luckily the breeder was nice enough to take her back and give us a full refund. So here are a couple pics of our little Monkey before we gave her back.




12 comments:

Micah-n-Holly said...

What a cute little Monkey! That is too bad that you had to give her back, but I am sure you guys will find another animal soon that all of your little ones will be able to tolerate:)

Unknown said...

Sorry! I understand about the allergies...3 of my 5 brothers have major animal allergies, me too. There might be hope, though. Once they were teenagers, the allergies calmed down, and didn't bother them as much. Hopefully it will be the same for Zeke!

Teri Le said...

Oh, poor little guy. How sad! It was one cute puppy!

Deanne Hill said...

How sad! Poor Zeke! I didn't know he was allergic to fruit! So is Kennedy. Is it all fruity varieties?

Erickson Family said...

That is TRAGIC! =< I am not a dog fan, but that must have been so hard!

Nicole Howard said...

That is so sad...for Zeke and Monkey!! He ws very cute. I hope Zeke feels better.

Me said...

I'm so sorry! I can only imagine how hard that must have been for the whole family. She looks VERY cute. I hope Zeke starts feeling better soon.

Curtis Moser said...

Wow! That sucks! I'm sorry you had to give up the dog, and I'm sorry for your poor son's allergies! How miserable he must have been!

Sarah said...

What a cute little puppy! And love the name...what a sad story! We feel so bad for Zeke! Hope he feels better soon, and that some day your family will find a cute little addition that makes everyone in your family happy! :)

zach said...

Oh Monkey was soooo cute! You tell that Zeke that he can have a mechanical dog or maybe a fish. You can still put up the "beware of dog sign."

Erickson Family said...

Yeah, I knew you were just teasing, but a couple other people said something, so I just thought I should clarify. =D

Tahnie said...

Sorry to hear about little Zeke! How sad. On a more positive note I'm so excited you're comin to town. Yes, come see me if you can it would be so much fun to catch up! Maybe Amy will be in town then too and we could all get together.