Monday, February 2, 2009

SSVO

If you couldn't already tell from my last post I have a little bit of an obsession as far as Twilight goes. And bless my husband, he humors me since he knows it brings me so much joy! But what noone else realizes is that he loves it too. Well, maybe not as much as I do, but he appreciates Twilight. Just look at his pj shirt that he wears everynight:


Like I said...He HUMORS me!! But he took it to an all new level a few days ago when he made us SSVOs. What is an SSVO? I will get to that in a minute. Dave has been driving our beat up old Taurus Station Wagon for awhile. He keeps wanting to get an "adult" car--you know, one a business professional would drive--but I always talk him out of it since the Taurus is already paid off. Well, Dave knows my weakness and he used it to get him a new car. (Side note: Stephenie Meyer relied on her brothers that are self-described "autophiles" to choose the coolest cars possible for her vampires.) Dave started looking up stuff about Volvos and found out that the S60R is a freakin awesome car! SO... of course when he says THAT is the car he wants I am going to say heck YES!!!! FYI this is not the car in the movie. That is an ugly C30--don't know why they used it--Edward would never...anyway, the point is it is the car from the book so Dave is now an official SSVO (Stupid Shiny Volvo Owner) (For those of you that don't get any of this--READ THE BOOKS!!!) And Bless his heart--he even got it in silver!!! Love IT!!!






14 comments:

Erickson Family said...

SMOKIN'!!!!!

Michelle Kleine said...

Nice! Must see it in person

macmommy said...

Smart man and really nice car! You guys have a really cute house too! =)

Carolyn said...

Now that's hot!

But Aaron just doesn't get why Dave didn't buy himself a Porsche?

Wynter said...

Love it, and Dave.. he is awesome. =)

Anonymous said...

Just living proof, yet again, that I love your husband! He's the best!

PRICE said...

Corianne,
I knew from the moment I saw you that you were an excellent judge of character and stuff. ;)

We might be staying at your place in April for a week or so. See you soon,

Dave

Zach 'n' Amy said...

Hey Dave, is a 2000? SIGN HERE!

PRICE said...

ahhhh, Zach and Amrhee,

You too know that Dave is one stupid fat american, perhaps you too have sold him a car and know he seldom reeds da year, hahaha. I still laugh at him from Taiwan. Tell him his Chinese is rheally rheally good, he rikes to hear that.
hahahahaha

Julie H said...

Oh Dave and Sunny...your house is so cute.
Yes snow in AZ---it just doesn't stick around long. By tomorrow will just be mushy wet. Ha ha

Sarah said...

Jealousy is leaking through every pore I have! Such a hot car, what a exciting trip, and a fabulous husband! I really truly love my husband, but I have to say Dave takes the cake! Nice car!

Teri Le said...

I shared your blog with some gals at work who are twilight obsessed too. They are VERY jealous of you and your trip - and your hubby's shirt! I need the link for them again.

Steve said...

Sweet ride. Maybe I should try that on my wife. I've never read the books, but she's a fan. What other cars to the vampires drive?

Karen Marzo said...

TWILIGHT IS OUT! Megan is at a party right now watching it. I myself am scared to death of vampires so I think I'll wait a while... (Big Cheesy Grin)
Can't wait to see you guys for Easter!!!!!